Nurse Manager Emergency Services
Company: Putnam Community Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SHIFT: No Weekends
Putnam Community Medical Center (PCMC), a 99-bed, acute care
facility, located at 611 Zeagler Dr, in Palatka, provides the
latest technology with the assurance of highly trained, caring
professionals to the residents of Putnam County. The hospital
serves North Central Florida with a full complement of quality
healthcare services while maintaining cost-effectiveness.
The hospital provides individualized care directed to the specific
needs of each patient. Putnam Community Medical Center offers a
10-bed Intensive/Critical Care Unit, Step-Down Care Unit, Cardiac
Cath Lab, medical and surgical units, family birthplace center, and
a 24-hour emergency department. We also provide inpatient and
outpatient rehabilitation services.
Nurse Manager Emergency Services
- Support PCMC s hallmarks of service excellence and quality for
all job responsibilities
- Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer, and
Nurse Director is responsible for the strategic and day to day
operations of Nursing Units. SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient
care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and
empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and
- Champion PCMC s mission, vision and values; comply with the
policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set
forth by the company
- Facilitation and oversight of the Nursing Unit and the delivery
of safe, timely, effective services to patients, physicians,
families and hospital staff
- Ensures a safe, clean, sterile environment for patient
- Ensures the effective review, selection and maintenance of
Nursing Unit inventory. Ensures financial stewardship of the
Nursing Unit budget and expense control. Forecasts fiscal impact of
trends and current and future technological changes affecting the
preparation and implementation of the facility budget.
- Provides, and ensures compliance with guidelines for measuring
the quality of patient care, based on accepted standards of nursing
- Ensures clear, concise and current written policies and
procedures are available to assist the nursing staff and minimize
- Ensures that department policies are current, appropriate and
communicated to Nursing Unit staff and Physicians. Interprets and
applies policies as appropriate.
- Determines staffing requirements and patterns, based on scope
of services, complexity of patient acuity and fiscal
- Is responsible for effective staffing the Nursing Unit.
Including interviewing, selection, on-boarding and orientation,
retention, training, development, and corrective action of all
- Ensures compliance with all life safety and environment
requirements including surveillance, safety rounding, reporting,
and corrective action of deficiencies.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, State, and other
- Ensures compliance with patient confidentiality
- Attends, provides reporting and represents the department at a
variety of internal and external meetings.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Education: Diploma or A.D.N. required, B.S.N or MSN preferred
Experience: Four to ten years related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration: Current State of
Florida Registered Nurse licensure; Current BCLS and ACLS
certification or Basic EKG or Arrhythmia Identification
Other Minimum Qualifications: Strong leadership skills with the
ability to effectively get work done through others. Excellent
computer skills, can demonstrate effective verbal and written
communications skills including listening and team work ability.
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively
resolve difficult issues, conflicts and contradictory view points.
Knowledge of how to conduct results oriented crucial conversations
with physicians, and employees. Ability to be compassionate and
supportive of difficult family and patient communications.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
Associated topics: admin, cno, deputy, line, memory, nmh, nurse
manager, officer, rgn, services manager
Keywords: Putnam Community Medical Center, Palm Coast , Nurse Manager Emergency Services, Executive , Palatka, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!