Registered Nurse Clinical Care Manager PRN
Location: Palm Coast
Posted on: February 3, 2020
Registered Nurse Clinical Care Manager at AdventHealth New Smyrna
Beach Location Address: 401 Palmetto Street, New Smyrna, Florida
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach Immediate
Health Insurance Coverage Small family-oriented hospital Great
benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement Career growth and
advancement potential High quality of life with low cost of living
on the shores of New Smyrna Beach. Work Hours/Shift: PRN You Will
Be Responsible For:
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing concurrent assessment of
patient care needs through patient rounds, and communication with
direct nursing care givers, physicians, patient and family members,
and other members of the health care team.
- Utilizes principles of growth and development and the aging
process, and makes appropriate decisions for patients based upon
their age, (neonate, child, adult, geriatrics) as necessary.
- Leadership in care management rounds; collaborates with
physicians, staff, support services and patients/family to
establish goals and interventions for the patient's episode of
illness, updating the plan of care as needed.
- Identifies patients with significant deviations from the plan
of care, and works collaboratively with physicians, staff, support
services and patient/family toward resolution.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum 3-5 years' Registered Nurse experience in an acute care
- Minimum 2 years' experience in hospital utilization review,
care coordination, discharge planning or has experience in a
community-based care management role with commercial payers,
inpatient rehab hospital care management, or home care services
care manager role.
- Registered Nurse Case Manager hired into the case management
department with limited experience in a hospital- based clinical
case management program may participate in an orientation,
education and departmental preceptorship program.
- Current Florida RN license; BLS-American Heart Association
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Excellent knowledge of the denial/appeal process, Governmental
and Third party payers audit processes.
- Knowledge of medical necessity monitoring tools- InterQual,
Milliman Care Guidelines (MCG), principles of Managed Care,
Computer applications, including but not limited to: Windows,
Outlook, Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Critical thinking/problem solving skills. Job Summary: The
Registered Nurse-Clinical Case Manager, in collaboration with
physicians, and other interdisciplinary team members provide
patient care coordination, care planning, facilitation and
coordination of discharge needs for hospitalized patients in the
acute care setting, and or during the emergency room discharge
process. The underlying objectives are enhancing the quality of
clinical outcomes, patient satisfaction, while managing the cost of
care. The Clinical Case Manager strives to promote patient wellness
through evidenced based practice, improved care outcomes, efficient
utilization of health services, and appropriate level of care for
patients during hospitalization and on a continuum after
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Palm Coast , Registered Nurse Clinical Care Manager PRN, Executive , Palm Coast, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!