Progressive Care Unit Nurse
Company: Putnam Community Medical Center
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus Available to Qualified Nurses!!
Putnam Community Medical Center, a 99-bed, acute care facility,
located at 611 Zeagler Dr, in Palatka, provides the latest
technology with the assurance of highly trained, caring
professionals to the residents of Putnam County. The hospital
serves North Central Florida with a full complement of quality
healthcare services while maintaining cost-effectiveness.
The hospital provides individualized care directed to the specific
needs of each patient. Putnam Community Medical Center offers a
10-bed Intensive/Critical Care Unit, Step-Down Care Unit, Cardiac
Cath Lab, medical and surgical units, family birthplace center, and
a 24-hour emergency department. We also provide inpatient and
outpatient rehabilitation services.
- Support PCMC's hallmarks of service excellence, patients
advocacy, and quality for all job responsibilities
- In accordance with established regulations, policies, and
procedures, Registered Nurses (RNs) provide and coordinate patient
care through the plan of care, and goal achievement by the
assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the
patients' status.- The RN also educates patients and the public
about various health conditions, and provides emotional support to
patients and their family members, collaborating with physicians
and multidisciplinary team members.- RN's are to abide by and
practice in accordance with the standards of care set forth by
state board of nursing, nurse practice act, and other governing
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient
care.- As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and
empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and
- Champion PCMC's mission, vision and values; comply with the
policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set
forth by the company
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and
- Identifies and monitors patient care requirements by recording
and reporting symptoms and changes in patients' conditions.- Record
patients' medical information and vital signs.- Administers
medications as ordered.-
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients'
responses, conditions and physician orders. -
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess,
plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Review, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify
and assess patient's condition.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care
goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand
condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions
through the collaboration with an inter-disciplinary team of health
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards;
measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards;
making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital
and nursing division's philosophies and Resolves patient problems
and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing
- Ensures operation of equipment following manufacturer's
instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs;
maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and
- Delegate and supervise personnel
- Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations and
- Coordinate admissions and discharge planning.
- Instruct individuals, families and other groups on topics such
as health education, disease prevention, childbirth, and develop
health improvement programs.
- Direct and coordinate infection control programs, advising and
consulting with specified personnel about necessary
- Provide or arrange for training/instruction of auxiliary
personnel or students.
- Engage in research activities related to nursing.
Your benefits include:
Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
Employee discount program
Employee stock purchase program
Student Loan Repayment
Qualifications Education: Diploma, A.D.N. or B.S.N
Experience: Previous nursing experience required
Certifications: Current BLS certificate, some RN
positions require current PALS, NRP and/or ACLS certificate.
Current FL RN license required or appropriate compact licensure.
compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days
Notice Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking-.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Putnam Community Medical Center, Palm Coast , Progressive Care Unit Nurse, Healthcare , Palatka, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!