Respiratory Therapist III PRN Nights
Company: AdventHealth Palm Coast
Location: Palm Coast
Posted on: November 23, 2021
DescriptionRespiratory Therapist III PRN Nights AdventHealth
Palm Coast Location: 60 Memorial Medical Parkway, Palm Coast, FL
32164 Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Palm Coast
- Work for a healthcare system that believes in "Extending the
Healing Ministry of Christ"
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living a short distance
from Flagler Beach
- No State income tax Work Hours/Shift: Per Diem/Nights You Will
Be Responsible For:
- Supervises the delivery of cardiopulmonary care in accordance
with applicable policy and procedure. Ensures the effectiveness of
therapist assessment and reassessment by monitoring patient
progress. Recommends change in respiratory plan of care according
to documented medical necessity and within the confines of
established protocols. -
- Monitors, instructs and coaches patient before, during and
after treatment delivery. Prevents and/or resolves untoward side
effects. - Adjusts therapies according to protocol and documented
clinical criteria. Makes and/or recommends changes based on pulse
oximetry, peak flow measurement, chest x-ray, lab work and other
data relevant to optimal patient progress.
- Initiates and maintains mechanical ventilation. Determines or
guides the determination of ventilator mode and settings.
Reevaluates patient/ventilator interface a minimum of every four
hours. Responds to alarms and otherwise troubleshoots as needed.
Establishes weaning readiness and facilitates weaning process.
Adjusts ventilator in accordance with patient progress.
- Draws and analyzes arterial blood gases which may include
Lactic Acid. Places arterial lines. Makes or recommends changes in
respiratory management according to blood gas results.
- Responds to emergencies including Code STEMI, Rapid Response
and Code Blues; establishes and maintains airway, performs
- Operates as support staff for cardiopulmonary diagnostics. -
This may include performing: cardiac stress testing under direct
physician supervision, setting up and discontinuing holter
monitors, electrocardiograms, pulmonary function testing and
electroencephalograms. - Qualifications What you will need:
- Current BLS is required.
- ACLS must be obtained within 90 days of employment
- PALS and/or NRP must be obtained within 90 days of hire if
required by incumbent's EFR primary hospital.
- Must have a valid Florida license
- Must have a minimum 3 years of hospital experience as RRT or
> 8 years of experience as CRT and at least 1 year of critical
- Must be a graduate of an approved respiratory care program;
Associates degree or equivalent is required. Job Summary: The
Respiratory Therapist III provides routine, emergent and critical
cardiopulmonary care under the direction of a physician to
neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
Takes responsibility as Lead Therapist covering in a supervisory
capacity in the absence of a Lead Therapist. Adheres to the
Corporate Compliance Plan, to the rules and regulations of all
local, state and federal agencies and to the standards of all
accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer
service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships
that are equally respectful to all. This facility is an equal
opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth Palm Coast, Palm Coast , Respiratory Therapist III PRN Nights, Healthcare , Palm Coast, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!