Behavioral Health Tech Manager
Company: Promises Addiction Treatment Center
Location: Ormond Beach
Posted on: August 1, 2022
The Behavioral Health Manager (BHM) provides supervision of
around-the-clock Behavioral Health staff performing daily client
activities in a large residential treatment facility, or for
multiple smaller facilities. The BHM is responsible for oversight,
monitoring, and tracking of services for clients and daily BH staff
program responsibilities and is a working manager position. They
help to manage staff that support clinical and treatment goals and
maintain a welcoming, nonjudgmental environment that encourages and
supports clients in their recovery.
* Create and maintain staff schedules, manage time, and
review/approve time cards, etc.
* Completes and posts weekly staff schedules and coordinate
* Conduct performance reviews and complete performance review
* Perform reviews and quality assurance checks for residential
facilities to ensure documentation accuracy, cleanliness of
grounds, and feedback to appropriate staff members and
* Provide coaching and disciplinary actions and documents as
* Will work with leadership team on selection, hiring, onboarding,
training, and promoting of new Behavioral Health staff.
* Participate in hiring, onboarding, orientation, training, and
monitoring ongoing performance of assigned staff.
* Attend and participate in local leadership meetings.
* Responsible for maintaining documentation of staff training.
* Collaborate with Human Resources team on staffing related
* Assist Clinical Director and acts as liaison between Behavioral
Health staff and other staff.
* Coordinate outside appointments and meetings and assist with
facilitating staff meetings.
* Collaborate and support the clinical and medical team and other
staff and departments.
* Can and may perform all Behavioral Health staff job duties as
well as coordinate all daily responsibilities and shift functions
as needed for coverage.
* Available for alternate, evening, overnight, and weekend
schedules/shifts that may be required to meet client needs, state,
and regulatory agency requirements and business necessity.
* Responsible for coordinating and delegating client
transportation, store runs, outings, and off-campus meetings.
* Responsible for order and stocking client supplies (i.e.,
literature and basic hygiene products).
* Responsible for oversight and quality assurance of BH team
* Minimum of three years' experience in the addiction or mental
* Minimum of two years' experience in a supervisory or leadership
role with supporting documentation/references.
* High school diploma, required.
* Associates degree required, Bachelor's degree, preferred.
* Valid Driver's License, required.
* Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative
situations; listen and get clarification; responds well to
* Knowledge of organization, communication, and interpersonal
* Ability to exercise sound judgement, be attentive to detail, and
maintain positive work attitude.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial,
and legal information.
* Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely
* Ability to understand and utilize program knowledge, such as the
disease model, motivational interviewing, trauma-informed
approaches, experiential approaches, CBT, self-help approaches, and
evidence based practices in client care.
* Familiarity with acute intoxication and/or withdrawal potential,
biomedical conditions that affect treatment,
emotional/behavioral/cognitive conditions that complicate
treatment, the stages of change model/readiness to change scale,
relapse potentials, and supportive recovery environments for
aftercare (the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
criteria for levels of care)
* Ability understanding of how to utilize medical knowledge,
complete medication observations, observe and assess detox clients,
and complete and document vitals.
* Ability to document thoroughly in an electronic medical
* Ability to professionally interact and communicate with clients,
client family members, referral sources, and vendors.
* Knowledge of MS Office and office equipment such as copiers and
* Must meet pre-employment and maintain all applicable state and
job related guidelines for background screening, fingerprinting,
drug test, health screening, DMV, insurance, CPR/Basic First Air,
and license/credential verifications.
Keywords: Promises Addiction Treatment Center, Palm Coast , Behavioral Health Tech Manager, Healthcare , Ormond Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!