Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you currently have an opportunity to
make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care
and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year,
nurses at HCA Florida Putnam Hospital have the opportunity to make
a real impact. As a(an) RN ICU you can be a part of
change.BenefitsHCA Florida Putnam Hospital, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock
your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your
personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of
nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an)
RN ICU. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient
care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and
empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and
- Champion PCMC's mission, vision and values; comply with the
policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set
forth by the company
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and
- Identifies and monitors patient care requirements by recording
and reporting symptoms and changes in patients' conditions. Record
patients' medical information and vital signs. Administers
medications as ordered.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients'
responses, conditions and physician orders.
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess,
plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Review, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify
and assess patient's condition.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care
goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand
condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions
through the collaboration with an inter-disciplinary team of health
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards;
measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards;
making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital
and nursing division's philosophies and Resolves patient problems
and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Ensures operation of equipment following manufacturer's
instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs;
maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and
- Delegate and supervise personnel
- Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations and
- Coordinate admissions and discharge planning.
- Instruct individuals, families and other groups on topics such
as health education, disease prevention, childbirth, and develop
health improvement programs.
- Direct and coordinate infection control programs, advising and
consulting with specified personnel about necessary
- Provide or arrange for training/instruction of auxiliary
personnel or students.
- Engage in research activities related to nursing.
What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Registered Nurse
- Associate DegreeThis role requires you to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or
regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida Putnam Hospital is a 99-bed acute care
facility serving North Central Florida. Our hospital is located in
Palatka, Florida. We serve the residents of Putnam County and
surrounding areas. We provide the latest technology with the
assurance of highly trained and empathetic professionals. We have a
10-bed intensive care unit and a 24-hour emergency department. We
have a cardiac catheterization laboratory and offer inpatient and
outpatient rehabilitation services. Our hospital offers a full
complement of quality healthcare services while maintaining
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the
world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist,
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that
leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our
Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our RN ICU
opening. Submit your application today and help advance the
practice of nursing.We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Palm Coast , RN ICU, Healthcare , Palatka, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!