Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $27-37 per hour
Company: HCA Florida Healthcare
Posted on: March 11, 2023
HCA Florida Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Med
Surg for a nursing job in Palatka, Florida. Job Description &
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: days, flexible
- Employment Type: PermanentShift: Days (Rotating
Weekends)Description IntroductionDo you currently have an
opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000
sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions
every year, nurses at HCA Florida Putnam Hospital have the
opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) RN Med Surg II you can
be a part of change.BenefitsHCA Florida Putnam Hospital, offers a
total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location. It is an exciting time to be a nurse
at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how
rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals.
Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive
outcomes for your patients as a (an) RN Med Surg II. We want your
knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient
care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and
empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and
- Champion PCMC's mission, vision and values; comply with the
policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set
forth by the company
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and
- Identifies and monitors patient care requirements by recording
and reporting symptoms and changes in patients' conditions. Record
patients' medical information and vital signs. Administers
medications as ordered.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients'
responses, conditions and physician orders.
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess,
plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Review, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify
and assess patient's condition.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care
goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand
condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions
through the collaboration with an inter-disciplinary team of health
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards;
measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards;
making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital
and nursing division's philosophies and Resolves patient problems
and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Ensures operation of equipment following manufacturer's
instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs;
maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and
- Delegate and supervise personnel
- Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations and
- Coordinate admissions and discharge planning.
- Instruct individuals, families and other groups on topics such
as health education, disease prevention, childbirth, and develop
health improvement programs.
- Direct and coordinate infection control programs, advising and
consulting with specified personnel about necessary
- Provide or arrange for training/instruction of auxiliary
personnel or students.
- Engage in research activities related to nursing. What
qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Registered Nurse
- Associate DegreeThis role requires you to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or
regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida Putnam Hospital is a 99-bed acute care
facility serving North Central Florida. Our hospital is located in
Palatka, Florida. We serve the residents of Putnam County and
surrounding areas. We provide the latest technology with the
assurance of highly trained and empathetic professionals. We have a
10-bed intensive care unit and a 24-hour emergency department. We
have a cardiac catheterization laboratory and offer inpatient and
outpatient rehabilitation services. Our hospital offers a full
complement of quality healthcare services while maintaining
cost-effectiveness. HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of
the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more
than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated
$3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good
to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an
organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our
industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for
our RN Med Surg II opening. Submit your application today and help
advance the practice of nursing.We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
disability status.HCA Florida Healthcare Job ID . Posted job title:
RN Med Surg II Benefits
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
Keywords: HCA Florida Healthcare, Palm Coast , Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $27-37 per hour, Healthcare , Palatka, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...