RN Med Surg II
Company: HCA Florida Putnam Hospital
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a(an) RN Med Surg II you want in your current role? We invest in
what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work, and at
every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you
to join HCA Florida Putnam Hospital which is a part of the nation's
leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsHCA
Florida Putnam Hospital, offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the
forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human
life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a
voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils,
vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our
multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at
HCA Florida Putnam Hospital!Job Summary and Qualifications
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient
care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and
empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and
- Champion PCMC's mission, vision and values; comply with the
policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set
forth by the company
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and
- Identifies and monitors patient care requirements by recording
and reporting symptoms and changes in patients' conditions. Record
patients' medical information and vital signs. Administers
medications as ordered.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients'
responses, conditions and physician orders.
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess,
plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Review, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify
and assess patient's condition.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care
goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand
condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions
through the collaboration with an inter-disciplinary team of health
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards;
measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards;
making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital
and nursing division's philosophies and Resolves patient problems
and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Ensures operation of equipment following manufacturer's
instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs;
maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and
- Delegate and supervise personnel
- Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations and
- Coordinate admissions and discharge planning.
- Instruct individuals, families and other groups on topics such
as health education, disease prevention, childbirth, and develop
health improvement programs.
- Direct and coordinate infection control programs, advising and
consulting with specified personnel about necessary
- Provide or arrange for training/instruction of auxiliary
personnel or students.
- Engage in research activities related to nursing.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Registered Nurse
- Associate DegreeThis role requires you to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or
regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida Putnam Hospital is a 99-bed acute care
facility serving North Central Florida. Our hospital is located in
Palatka, Florida. We serve the residents of Putnam County and
surrounding areas. We provide the latest technology with the
assurance of highly trained and empathetic professionals. We have a
10-bed intensive care unit and a 24-hour emergency department. We
have a cardiac catheterization laboratory and offer inpatient and
outpatient rehabilitation services. Our hospital offers a full
complement of quality healthcare services while maintaining
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. ---In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do
not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If this opportunity is your next step in
your career path, we encourage you to apply for our RN Med Surg II
opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be
contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Florida Putnam Hospital, Palm Coast , RN Med Surg II, Healthcare , Palatka, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...