Company: Legend Senior Living
Location: Palm Coast
Posted on: September 11, 2023
Legend Senior Living is proud to be recognized as a Certified
Great Places to Work 5 years in a row!
The Windsor of Palm Coast is proud to be part of the Legend Senior
Living family and we are hiring! A career with us means quality
training, plenty of growth and development opportunities and a team
that feels like family.
We are looking for an outstanding individual to lead the culinary
team as a Chef. You will make a difference in the lives of
residents by overseeing culinary operations. This position is more
than food preparation and services. You will be responsible for
menu planning, provisioning, safety and supervising the kitchen and
dining room staff.
Here you can fulfill your dreams of blending culinary creativity
with a satisfying work/life balance. No more working late night
hours, as our friendly residents like to eat early.
The culinary team enhances Legend's Gold Leaf Dining experience,
which sets a high standard for atmosphere and food quality.
As you enrich the lives of seniors, we want to do the same for you.
Legend provides for your financial, physical and mental well-being
through the following benefits:
- Standard and supplementary insurance
- Retirement program
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Annual performance appraisals/evaluations
- Continuing education
- Legend of Honor bonus
- Resident move-in bonus
- Celebration/sympathy gifts
- Scholarship program
- PTO donation program
- Crisis care program
- Employee Assistance Program Requirements
REQUIREMENTS of this position would include but not be limited to:
- Prefer two years experience cooking in a commercial
- Prefer experience supervising kitchen staff
- Prefer formal culinary training or associates degree in
culinary arts (or 5 years of culinary experience)
- Current food handling license, as required by the state
RESPONSIBILITIES of this position would include but not be limited
- Planning a variety of nutritious meals that meet dietary
requirements, including special requests if requested
- Managing the department budget and expense management,
- Directly supervising all dietary staff to including hiring,
training, scheduling, etc.
- Ensuring all cooking, serving, storage, preparation, and
service areas are clean, safe and organized to meet all applicable
food service standards and regulations
- Ensuring quality food service in accordance with Legend's Gold
Leaf Dining standards, including interacting with residents
- Fulfilling other roles as needed, such as Manager-On-Duty on a
rotating basis, and filling in for culinary staff when needed
- Communicating effectively with residents and staff
- Adhering to company policies, procedures and safety guidelines
Legend Senior Living is a drug free workplace and drug screening
will be conducted at the company's discretion.
Keywords: Legend Senior Living, Palm Coast , Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Palm Coast, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!