Company: Planet Fitness
Location: Palm Coast
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Club Manager will be responsible for the oversight of gym
operations to ensure an exceptional "Judgement Free" member
experience as well as a financially successful club. This position
will be accountable for leading a team of employees in a positive,
motivating manner with continuous assistance in employee training
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a high performing staff
consisting of Assistant Managers, Member Service Representatives,
Trainers and Custodians.
- Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all members,
prospective members and guests and ensure staff follows superior
customer service guidelines.
- Staff Management
- Schedule staff and ensure all shifts are covered.
- Ensure staff is providing exceptional customer service at all
- Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability for
direct reports by training and coaching, ensuring adherence to PF's
values and goals.
- Administration and processing of all weekly/bi-weekly employee
- Resolve employee issues or concerns.
- Manage progressive discipline and termination as needed.
- Lead by example with involvement in all front desk related
- Greet members and guests, providing exceptional customer
service to ensure that everyone feels welcome!
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a
variety of questions.
- Check members into the system, tour and sign up new members,
log amenities and communicate updates or events to members and
- Facilitate all member requests and help to resolve any member
issues and questions.
- Oversee cleanliness and maintenance of facility including
taking responsibility for largest section of cleaning daily.
- Ensure the front desk area and lobby clean and orderly.
- Participate in regular facility cleaning and club upkeep such
as mopping up spills, trash removal, cleaning windows and mirrors
and re-racking weights.
- Ensure safety of employees, members and club property by
determining when equipment or facilities are in need of repair and
communicating to Facilities Maintenance team in a timely
- Manage marketing efforts by ensuring that staff is aware and
trained on all marketing promotions.
- Authorize expenditures and refunds. Make daily bank
- Prepare all HR related forms and send to Corporate HR and
- Track statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, annually).
- Provide backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Other duties as assigned based on club needs.
- This position is for the Palm Coast 2 location opening later
- Must be 18 years of age or older, have a high school
diploma/GED equivalent and have a passion for fitness and
- One to three years of experience in a management role
- Computer Proficiency (Microsoft Suite) and the ability to learn
- Strong leadership, team building and coaching skills.
- Direct experience managing customer focused teams in the
fitness or similar industry.
- Exceptional customer service and conflict resolution
- A hard working, enthusiastic and energetic management
- Organization, problem solving and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must have valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and
must have own reliable means of transportation.
- Continual standing and walking
- Continual talking and listening in person or on the phone
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs as well as bend, crouch and
reach on a daily basis
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people's lives with an affordable, high-quality
fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and
fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing
franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States,
Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We're continuously
seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free
Zone and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000
locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico,
Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia,
there's plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always
looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means
to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be
used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired
and motivated. That's where you come in. If you're looking for a
place where you can make a difference in a customer's life, you've
found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but
stay for the feeling that you're making a difference on our
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee
and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither
dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees
or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to
control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or
their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring
compliance with local, state and federal law.
Keywords: Planet Fitness, Palm Coast , Club Manager, Other , Palm Coast, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!