Information Technology Manager
Company: City of Ormond Beach
Location: Ormond Beach
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The City of Ormond Beach is looking for a superstar Information
Technology Manager to lead our IT team! Why work here? Besides
being paid to work with a great group of people in a beautiful
beach town, The City pays 100% of employee monthly premiums for
medical, dental, vision, life, and long term disability insurance
(you can purchase coverage for dependents). And with our medical
insurance, you have free access to over 70 gyms! We have 10 paid
holidays, and you will accrue 3.6 weeks of paid time off each year
(plus more after 5 years!). To top it all off, the City contributes
7% of your salary annually into a 401(a) retirement account (above
and beyond your annual salary). If you are qualified, we encourage
you to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities
Under limited supervision, performs complex professional,
technical, and administrative work managing all aspects of the
Citys Information Technology Division, inclusive of GIS. Requires
the ability to understand IT requirements and operational needs in
a public sector environment. The manager will exercise independent
judgment in the execution of her/his duties, and participates in
the Citys senior management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and oversees the Information Technology Division to
ensure efficient and effective operations of all city functions
through secure and up to date technology.
- Assists in preparation and review of the divisions annual and
capital improvement projects budgets.
- Assesses the need for new computer equipment, software
applications, licensing agreements, and equipment maintenance;
recommends and coordinated purchasing of computer equipment;
negotiates contracts; and maintains computer systems inventory;
confers with computer/software manufacturers and vendors; maintains
liaisons with vendors and users.
- Translates information systems requirements into logical,
economical and practical designs.
- Writes detailed specifications; coordinates system testing;
develops practical solutions to problems.
- Prepares associated documentation, user/training manuals and
any related set of instructions.
- Develops an evaluation process to compare the effectiveness,
quality of work and cost of in-house support versus vendor provided
services to ensure the most practical and economical process is
- Ensures effective technical support for end users.
- Ensures continuous operational support for the Citys
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures for the use of
city computer equipment, hardware, software, internet, e-mail,
system, etc., and recommends appropriate training to department
- Responsible for personnel matters including recruitment,
discipline, training and development, and performance
- Prepares, coordinates, and reviews City Commission agenda
items, memos, reports, and presentations.
- Works effectively with a variety of staff, other governmental
representatives, and the public; deals tactfully and courteously
with the public and maintains composure in difficult and stressful
- Serves as the Police Departments Local Agency Security Officer
- Represents the City and participates in appropriate local,
regional, professional, and civic organizations and meetings.
- Assists in preparation for, response to, and recovery from, the
impacts of a wide variety of disasters or emergency situations and
may be temporarily assigned to other duties, locations, and
- Meets attendance requirements.
- Promotes positive customer service environment internally and
- Performs other job-related functions as assigned.
Manages Information Technology Division staff. Qualifications
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors degree in Information Systems, or a closely related field
is required; supplemented by a minimum of eight (8) years previous
experience and/or training that includes experience in management,
development, implementation, and operation of computer-based
information system; or an equivalent combination of education,
training, and experience.
Experience working in a public sector agency is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must pass a Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
fingerprint-based background check. Must maintain FDLE
certifications via periodic training and testing which is required
to work on Police department systems and infrastructure.
- Possession of a valid Florida drivers license.
- Knowledge of operating systems, management information systems
and networking; iSeries, Microsoft operating systems on servers and
workstations, telephone messaging systems, and multi-function
- Knowledge of system design and analysis.
- Knowledge of the operating system software components providing
- Ability to administer and manage multiple technical programs
and projects simultaneously, to conduct needs assessments, and to
establish and control workflow of projects through completion.
- Ability to work under, and adjust to, time constraints and
- Ability to troubleshoot complex information system problems;
prioritize and organize the work flow.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and writing and work
effectively with employees and the general public.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with employees,
elected officials, and the general public.
- Ability to do technical research, write clear and concise
reports, and deliver effective presentations.
- Ability to work independently and exercise considerable
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully meet the essential
function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Ability to meet job demands under some stressful
- Ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light
work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or
pulling of objects and materials of light weight up to 50 pounds.
Tasks involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Work is occasionally performed in plant and remote areas.
Keywords: City of Ormond Beach, Palm Coast , Information Technology Manager, Other , Ormond Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!