Company: City of Ormond Beach
Location: Ormond Beach
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Summary The City of Ormond Beach is looking for an awesome
Information Systems Specialist to join our team!Why work here?
Besides being paid to work with a great group of people in a
beautiful beach town, The City pays 100% of employee monthly
premiums for medical, dental, vision, life, and long term
disability insurance (you can purchase coverage for dependents).
And with our medical insurance, you have free access to over 70
gyms! We have 10 paid holidays, and you will accrue 3.6 weeks of
paid time off each year (plus more after 5 years!). To top it all
off, the City contributes 7% of your salary annually into a 401(a)
retirement account (above and beyond your annual salary).If you are
qualified, we encourage you to apply today! Summary: Performs
technical work involving various types of computer systems
(hardware and software), networking systems, and application
systems. Primary responsibility is to provide technical assistance
in resolving user issues related to city computer systems. This
position is an integral part of the citys IT division, is cross
trained in other areas, and will be assigned tasks based on skill
level and experience. Duties and Responsibilities Essential Duties
- Provides technical support and training, via phone, email,
remote assistance, and in person, related to computer systems,
hardware, and software.
- Maintains and monitors inventory of computer hardware and
- Operates various computer systems and peripheral equipment such
as multi-function printers, storage devices, USB cameras, and
telecommunications hardware/software according to established
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots operating systems,
software, computer hardware, and peripherals such as printers,
scanners and related devices.
- Interprets various computer messages and responds
- Serves as part of the IT team to assist users with routine
hardware and software questions.
- Writes documentation for procedures, applications, programs,
and training sessions.
- Supports Network/Systems Administrator functions.
- Supports Applications Administrator functions.
- Performs other job-related functions as assigned.
- Assists in preparation for, response to, and recovery from, the
impacts of a wide variety of disasters or emergency situations and
may be temporarily assigned to other duties, locations, and
- Meets attendance requirements.
- Promotes positive customer service environment internally and
externally. Supervisory Responsibilities: None Qualifications
Education and/or Experience: Associates degree in Information
Systems, Computer Science or related field is required;
supplemented by two (2) years experience and/or advanced training
in the administration and operation of networks in an enterprise
environment. Equivalent combination of education, training, and
experience may be considered. Qualification Requirements: To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possession of a valid Florida drivers license.
- Must pass a FDLE fingerprint-based background check. Must
maintain FDLE certifications via periodic training and testing
which is required to work on Police department systems and
infrastructure. Additional Information Physical Demands: The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully meet the essential
function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Ability to meet job demands under some stressful
- Ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light
work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or
pulling of objects and materials of light weight up to 50 pounds.
Tasks involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or
workstation. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
Keywords: City of Ormond Beach, Palm Coast , Systems Specialist, Other , Ormond Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!