Company: Adventist Health System
Location: Palm Coast
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Unit Secretary is responsible to assemble, process, and
maintain medical records of all patients on nursing unit. The Unit
Secretary provides a welcoming and helpful resource for patients
and family members.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs general clerical duties such as typing, filing,
answering the telephone, directing visitors to appropriate
- Presents a positive attitude when greeting visitors and
answering telephones while maintaining security and confidentiality
for the patients.
- Answers telephones and intercom in a professional manner and
take and relays messages accurately and promptly.
- Completely assembles medical record for each patient.
- Provides printed verification of physician consults to include
time/date and personal information called.
- Clarifies all unclear orders with the RN/LPN.
- Acts as a communication liaison for the patient, family and
interdisciplinary health care team.
- Assures accurate location of patients within the computer.
- Removes patients from the computer promptly upon
- Monitors PALS list and notifies primary Nurse of new orders and
results pending, minimum of every 30 minutes.
- Provides Customer Service rounds, responds to patient requests
within scope of practice (i.e.: Ice, blankets, pillows and room
- May be asked to initiate work orders.
- May be responsible for unit equipment, allocation, distribution
- New patient room set-up/orientation.
- Assist licensed staff with minor transport needs.
- Serves as resource for medical and nursing staff, regarding
order entry process.
- May be asked to initiate Quality Measure Consoles as
- Maintains a neat and tidy work area.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: Adventist Health System, Palm Coast , Unit Secretary, Other , Palm Coast, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!