Medical Assistant PRN
Company: Adventist Health System
Location: Ormond Beach
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Medical Assistant PRN -AdventHealth Medical Group- East
Location Address: Daytona, Beach FL
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Medical Grou- East
- Faith based & mission driven organization
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits such as Educational
- CREATION Health employee wellness and lifestyle programs
- Positive working climate to support a work life balance
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs initial response-screening following protocols under
the direction of the supervising physician.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of patients, utilizing
- Responsible for helping practice and physician achieve all
meaningful use measures.
- Cleans, prepares, and maintains examinations rooms and
- Prepares patients for examinations, procedures, and
- Assists with examinations, procedures, and treatments.
- Prepares and administers oral and parenteral (excluding IV)
medications and immunizations as directed by supervising physician
and as permitted by state law.
- Maintains medication and immunization records
- Organize and review incoming test results and forward to
- Tracks impending test results. Follows up with patients as
- Recognizes and responds to emergencies
- Performs CLIA-waived tests.
- Prepares specimens for outside lab testing, as ordered by the
- Performs electrocardiography and respiratory testing.
- Performs phlebotomy, including venipuncture and capillary
- Maintains responsibility for clinical aspect of practice
- Schedules patient's inpatient/outpatient admissions and
What You Will Need:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of related work experience or completed an
accredited Medical Assistant program with completion of an
externship is required
- For non-certified MA, a minimum of 5 years of MA experience and
must be certified within 30 days from the date of hire.
- Minimum 1 year working experience within the medical/healthcare
field with experience communicating with all levels of staff.
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American
Medical Technologist (AMT), National Center for Competency Testing
(NCCT), National HealthCare Association (NHA), National Association
for Health Professionals (NAHP) for Nationally Registered Certified
Medical Assistant (NRCMA), or American Medical Certification
Association (AMCA) Certification is required to be active prior to
employment and must be maintained throughout employment. American
Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA) Certification will be
accepted for employees who began employment prior to June 30, 2016,
but the certification must not lapse or else is required to then
obtain AAMA, AMT, NCCT, NHA, or AMCA Certification
BLS/CPR certification is required.
Assists the physician in providing medical care to patients of
various ages according to the policy of individual practice, in
accordance with professional standards and hospital policies and
procedures. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance
Plan, and to all the rules and regulations of all applicable local,
state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Responsible for
helping practice and physician achieve all meaningful use measures.
Demonstrates effective use and support of the Customer and Superior
Service Standards, within the hospital and physician office
settings, at all times. Functions under the supervision of the
physician and the Practice Manager/Office Supervisor.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: Adventist Health System, Palm Coast , Medical Assistant PRN, Other , Ormond Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!