Business Analyst II
Company: Security First Insurance Company
Location: Ormond Beach
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Summary of Position:
The Business Analyst II completes tasks and project that
directly support the improvement of Security First Managers (SFM)
information systems and business processes. With occasional
direction of the business systems manager, project managers or more
senior business analysts, the Business Analyst II collaborates with
internal business units and/or third-party vendors to solicit and
document requirements on small to medium size system enhancements
that are considered medium complexity. The business analyst II also
collaborates with business partners and employees across business
units to triage, report, and resolve a range of issues. The
Business Analyst II also facilitates small to medium information
gathering meetings and leads teams to define requirements on
projects of moderate complexity to include data analysis. In this
position, the Business Analyst II applies a solid knowledge of the
organization, processes, customers, best practices, and
methodologies and considers impact across systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works directly with internal business units, the SFM software
development team, and external partners as needed during production
support and enhancement activities.
- Performs production support activities for system issues,
including but not limited to, triaging, troubleshooting, analyzing
data, root cause analysis and problem scope.
- Solicits and documents requirements for business system
enhancements that are medium sized and moderately complex. Defines
rationale for enhancement and clarifies business impact.
- Develops business requirements using industry standards and
techniques including but not limited to user interviews, focus
groups, user stories, risk analysis, root cause analysis.
- Develops and maintains data mapping and rules supporting API
and/or batch integrations.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders/project teams to prioritize
- Responsible for tracking status of requirements from initiation
through development; communicates status updates to stakeholders as
- Designs, documents, and executes user acceptance test plans and
test cases to validate system behavior.
- Leads and participates in peer reviews of requirements and test
documents; ensures accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- Documents user procedures and how to material that will be used
in release communications and training; may lead group training as
- Coordinates and leads medium sized meetings with participants
from multiple levels within the organization and across
departments, and system partners as needed. Meetings may involve
moderately complex topics.
- Provides regular status updates verbally and/or in writing to
supervisors, managers, or project managers.
- Coordinates user acceptance testing with affected business
- Assist in other areas of department or other departments as
- Present a professional and helpful appearance.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- Business analyst II may work from home; must meet productivity
levels commensurate with position. If productivity decreases, work
from home option may be rescinded.
- Regionally accredited bachelors degree in computer science
desired; high school diploma or equivalent with comparable
- 3-8 years experience as a business analyst with experience
documenting requirements and performing production support.
- 2+ years experience in property & casualty insurance
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize/manage assignments to meet
- Experience with workflow diagramming techniques, business
system tools, data structures, SQL, system integrations and data
- Flexibility to support longer hours of operation during new
product integrations and catastrophe events.
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Presentation Skills
- Process Management
- Strategic Ability
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position. Our company is a drug-free
workplace, and all candidates which are offered a position will be
required to submit to pre-employment drug screening. Refusal to
submit to drug screening will result in retraction of offer.
Keywords: Security First Insurance Company, Palm Coast , Business Analyst II, Other , Ormond Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!