Company: Windstream Holdings
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Description Job ID:21006391 "Windstream is considered an
essential business and we areHIRING NOW. As our company responds to
COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers,
partners and communities is our top priority.***Please note that
this position follows an initial Union job bidding process***About
the Role: Attaching a resume is strongly recommended.Windstreams
team ofNetworkTechniciansare vital team members who represent
ourfield operationsthat connects homeowners, small business,
enterprise and carrier partners across the United States. Our team
ofNetworkTechnicians care about technology and connecting customers
to products they value. Through providing technical expertise and
customer support, ourNetworkTechnicians create meaningful
connections with customers that create long-term relationships.
- Support and promote products and services generally purchased
and used by residential customers or small businesses. These
products, services, and equipment may include but are not limited
to:Voice Services,Data Services,Video
- Perform other work as business needs demand including but not
limited to installation, repair, support, and promotion of products
and services generally purchased and used by business
- Avalid drivers license and a safe driving record
- Ability tocomplete prerequisite training and testing.
- Ability toidentify all colors of a color-coded cable.
- Abilityto effectively communicate with the public, co-workers
- Abilityto multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow
written and oral instructions, show attention to detail and
demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Must be available for overtime, after hours call-outs or work
during non-scheduled hours.
- Abilityto work assigned schedules including weekends
- Ability tolift50-75 lbs.
- Ability to workwith and maintainassigned tools and
- Must be neat in appearance, be able to write legibly, and
prepare and maintain neat and accurate records.
- Must be willing and ready to work in any assigned location and
to attend schools for training, which may requireover nighttravel
as determined by the Company.
- Must demonstrate the ability to learn and use a variety of
current and future applications, test systems or information
systems as they are developed.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of related experience/education
to include customer service and/or related telephony fields.
- Must have a working knowledge of telephony outside plant
including but not limited to drops, cross-boxes, fiber systems,
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and any applicable
- Must be capable of working aloft and successfully complete all
necessary safety training including Working Aloft and Ladder
- Must meet weight requirements as defined in Windstreams Safe
Load Limits for Equipment and Ladders Policy.
- Must have knowledge of digital switching, transport systems
(i.e.SONET, DS3, DS1, analog fiber), ISDN, DSL, analog and digital
data, PX, and VOIP.
- Must participate in WINDSTREAM Rewards program, which includes
selling and/or referring Company products and services to
- Must reside within a reasonable distance of assigned reporting
center.EvenBetter:Knowledge in the following areas:
- DS1/DS3 installation, testing, and troubleshooting
- Analog Transport installation, testing, and
- SONET OC-3/12/48 installation, testing, and
- WDM/CWDM/DWDM installation, testing, and troubleshooting
- EWSD programming and trouble shooting
- EWSD TranslationsExperience with the following vendors/ models
of transport equipment:
- Tellabs (AFC) DLC
- Calix C7 DLC/DSLAM
- Lucent DSLAM
- Hatteras HN4000
- Adtran TA3000
- Adtran 1148/1248 DSLAM
- Adtran 2820 multiplexer
- Adtran 5000
- Juniper M10/M170
- Alcatel DML 3 X 50 Rockwell
- Alcatel 7470
- Fujitsu 2400 TRIB
- Fujitsu 150
- TurinExperience with the following models/ vendors of test
- Acterna 2310
- JDSU 6000 GigE test set
- JDSU HST-3000 test set/ Dynatel 965OurBenefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet InsuranceAbout
US:Windstream Holdings, Inc.,is a leading provider
ofadvancednetwork communications and technologysolutionsfor
consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier
partners across the U.S. Job Requirements Minimum Qualifications
(required) Education: High School Diploma or
EquivalentCertification/License: Must maintain a valid drivers
license and a safe driving record EEO Statement:Windstream is an
equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the
authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
genetic information, protected veteran status, current military
status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by
law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled
individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our
employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment
at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug
Keywords: Windstream Holdings, Palm Coast , Network Technician, Professions , Hastings, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!